Valley View Student Council minutes
December 10, 2012
Student Council 2012 2013—Minutes of 12/6/2012
President Grace Villelli
V.P. Katie Clairmont
Treasurer Cameron Rae
Avery Pluid; Mrs. Funkhouser
Paisley Schulte; Mrs. Perez
Rikki Cowin; Mrs. Beck
Thomas Mooney-Rivkin; Mrs. Schulte
Amanda Maggi; Mrs. Warren
Ben Tompkins; Mrs. Weymer
Faculty Reps: Mrs. Barker, Mrs. Hittle, Mr.
The December 6th meeting began at 11:45 in Mrs.
Funkhouser’s classroom. Katie took role; all
members were present. After a review of the
November Minutes, a change in the spelling of
Rikki’s last name was made. Cameron made a
motion to approve the minutes. This was seconded
by Katie and approved.
The Student Council discussed and approved the
follow projects for this school year:
A) School Pride activities
• We will place a Suggestion Box near the
• Trash pickup by grade level will be
re-established again and promoted through the
• A Talent Show will be held in May.
• Special Days will be selected and decided
on at the next meeting: ex. Sports Day, Wacky
Hair Day, Hat Day, etc. One activity will be
held per month; teacher approval will be
• A School Newspaper will be created IF a
parent or staff member volunteers to take it on
as a project.
• We will look into the cost of a VVES door
matt for the front door. The Student Council
will design and raise money for this project, if
B) Community Service
• As a school project we will adopt the
animal shelter. Later in the year we will
collect items to donate.
• We will deliver May Flowers and cards to
the local nursing homes.
• The Student Council unanimously decided
to provide financial support to the renovation
of the Rex Theater.
C) Fund Raising
• New pencils will be ordered for the
• Santa-Grams will be available soon during
lunch for 50 cents.
• With the help of the PTO, “Popcorn” will
be sold at last recess. This will be held on the
2nd and 4th Thursdays; the cost 50 cents
beginning after the New Year.
• We discussed the possibility of holding a
“Muffins for Moms” and “Donuts for Dads” Day. We
will address this at the next meeting.
Next Meeting January 10, 2013.
Questions or comments about this
Click here to e-mail!