Click for the latest Bonners Ferry weather forecast.
Print Version

Home   News   Sports   Social   Obituaries   Events   Letters

Villelli seeking zone map amendment

December 21, 2012
The Boundary County Planning and Zoning Commission will hold public hearing at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, January17, to accept public comment on Zone Map Amendment application 12-042 by Richard A. Villelli to change the 12.65 acre parcel, RP64N02E152111A, current zoning Agriculture/Forestry to Suburban.

This will conform to the adjacent parcel East of this parcel owned by the applicant (RP64N02E143313A, 11.3 acres), currently zoned Suburban, and allow similar zoning for well and sewer availability to cross a gas pipeline.

The parcel is located off the Moyie River Road south of the Earl Lane Subdivision and accessed by Earl Lane Road.

If approved, the amendment would reduce maximum density for residential use from the current 10 acres to 2 1/2 acres, or to one acre if a community water system is installed. Any such development, however, would require a formal subdivision process and additional public hearings.

On the amendment application, the county planning and zoning commission will forward a recommendation to county commissioners, who will make a final decision following at least one additional public hearing.

The deadline for written comment and material is 5 p.m. Thursday, January 10.

Written comment may be mailed to Boundary County Planning and Zoning, PO Box 419, Bonners Ferry, ID 83805, faxed to (208) 267-1205, or emailed to

Written comment will be accepted at the public hearing provided the material is read into the record. There may be a five minute limit per person on verbal testimony.

Further information on this application is available at the Planning and Zoning Office, Room 16 of the Courthouse, and the application is available for public review. Information is also available by calling (208) 267-7212 or by visiting the county website,

The meeting will take place in the main courtroom at the Boundary County Courthouse.

Anyone requiring special accommodation due to handicap or disability should contact the planning office at least two days prior to the hearing.
Questions or comments about this article? Click here to e-mail!